This is the no-compromise gravel or endurance MTB short. It combines the best features of Castelli's premier race short, the Free Aero RC Bibshort, with Dyneema® side panels for protection in case of a fall, and side pockets for storage.
It's made first and foremost for riding comfort. It uses the top-of-the-line Progetto X2 Air Donna seamless seat pad that provides progressive damping and the softest, stretchiest skin contact layer available. The Forza 2 fabric provides just the right level of compression and muscle support for your longest rides. The bib straps are Castelli's drop-tail design, stretchy enough to be pulled down for a pee break while providing enough pull to keep your shorts in place. They're free floating so you can choose to cross them in front or back. At the leg ending there's a raw-cut edge that you'll hardly feel, and the combination of the Forza 2 fabric with just the right length and circumference means that no silicone gripper is required. It's a big leap forward in terms of comfort.
The two large leg pockets are lined with an extremely light and fast-wicking fabric so you won't notice the extra layer, yet they hold a surprising amount of gear, allowing you to forgo a traditional pocketed cycling jersey. The Unlimited short really does know no limits.
- High-compression 215 g Forza 2 fabric with 32% Lycra® content provides exceptional muscle support and compression
- Dyneema® side panels to protect in the event of a tumble, 15x stronger than steel
- Women's-specific Progetto X2 Air Donna seamless seat pad is soft against the skin but well padded for long-distance comfort
- Drop-tail bib straps can cross in front or back and allow pee breaks without removing bibs
- Large compression pocket on each leg
- Raw-cut edge at waist for extra stretch and comfort
- Raw-cut leg ending engineered to stay put without silicone grippers